We have identified the opportunity to introduce a specialized Electronic Medical Record to our customers
We have partnered with the British company Medisoft, incorporated back in 1997 and UK’s leading provider of Ophthalmology-specific EMR solutions. The aim of this collaboration is to adapt and represent the Medisoft Ophthalmology suite, a complete electronic medical record for ophthalmology with flexible Ophthalmology Department workflows.
But we are not just a Medisoft EMR vendor! We are partner on its evolution. We are participating in the software localization and are responsible for local support, installation and training for Portugal, Spain and Latin America.
Success Factors for Adoption of an Ophthalmologic Electronic Record
You can find out more information on this industry paper reporting the case study findings on the adoption of Medisoft Ophthalmology, available here.
Medisoft Ophthalmology has been developed by ophthalmologists, for ophthalmologists!
What differentiates Medisoft Ophthalmology is the availability of specifically designed, audit-friendly modules for most ophthalmologic specialties:
- Medical Retina including AMD
- DR Assessment
- Strabismus, Paediatrics and Orthoptics
- Refractive surgery
- Eye Casualty
Medisoft Ophthalmology features include rapid data collection, letter and note generation, clinician decision support and detailed audit of clinical outcomes. Medisoft Ophthalmology interacts also with:
- Admission, Discharge and Transfer systems
- Scheduling and other practice management systems
- Devices (directly or through third-party middleware solutions). Here are just a few examples:
- Zeiss IOL Master, Humphrey Visual Field,VisuPac, VisuCam, Stratus OCT, Cirrus OCT
- Heidelberg HRT EyeExplorer, CSpectralis OCT
- Topcon TRK-1P focimeter, CL-200 autorefractor, OCT 1000, IMAGEnet 2000, IMAGEnet i-base
- Haag Streit EyeCap
- Quantel Medical Medical Aviso A and B scan
- Oculus Pentacam
- Grafton Optical Optovue OCT
with this business are:
- To provide and deploy an Electronic Medical Record, specialized in Ophthalmology.
- To provide a solution capable of communicating with diagnostic equipment.
- To provide a solution prepared to communicate and interact with other electronic systems.
- To provide a comprehensive solution, which, nevertheless, does not force users to excessive data entering effort.
- To provide a solution with adequate control of access to information.